This episode covers Chapter 4 of Rosen's Emergency Medicine.
- What are the depths of procedural sedation (PSA)?
- Describe the continuum of procedural sedation?
- Describe the recommended personnel and monitoring during
- What are contraindications for PSA in the ED?
- What agents can be used for procedural sedation and
- Describe ASA classification system?
- Describe appropriate discharge instructions for patients
- List 8 complications / side effects of ketamine and how some
can be treated?
- List 4 situations when ketamine may be contraindicated?
- List 4 side effects of propofol in procedural sedation?