This episode covers Chapter 7 of Rosen's Emergency Medicine.
- Describe the 3 categories of blood antigens
- Who is the universal donor and why?
- Define massive transfusion
- List 5 physiologic complications of massive transfusion
- What are the indications for the administration of: pRBCs
/ FFP / Platelets** / Cryoprecipitate
- List 6 complications of blood transfusions and their
- What are the components of octaplex? When is it indicated?
- What is FEIBA?
- List the three types of plasma that are available from the
- What are the absolute and off-label uses for recombinant factor
- Which products are most likely to result in sepsis?
- What is a hyperhemolytic crisis?