This episode covers Chapter 13 of Rosen's Emergency
- Compare upper motor neuron (UMN), lower motor neuron (LMN), and
neuromuscular junction (NMJ) causes of weakness
- List 10 neuromuscular causes of weakness and describe their
basic pathophysiologic mechanism
- What are warning signs of impending respiratory failure in a
patient with neuromuscular weakness?
- List seven non-emergent causes of peripheral neuropathy
- What are some causes of non-neuromuscular weakness?
- Clinical pearls for the weak patient