This episode covers Chapter 37 of Rosen's Emergency
Medicine.With trauma in pregnancy we need to think about blunt vs.
penetrating trauma. Many women do not know they are pregnant.
- What is the threshold for fetal viability and how can this be
- List the expected physiologic changes during pregnancy.
- List 8 unique considerations in the management of the pregnant
- How is fetal distress detected?
- Discuss placental abruption including the pathophysiology,
clinical findings, diagnostic modalities, management, and
- List 2 potential uterine injuries
- What is a safe radiation dose in pregnancy? What diagnostic
tests have the potential to exceed this dose?
- Describe early, variable, and late decelerations. What is the
implication of each? What is one other indicator of fetal distress
related to the FHR?
- How is feto-maternal hemorrhage diagnosed and managed?
- Describe specific management in the following conditions:
- What are indications for peri-mortem c-sections. Describe the