Sep 19, 2016
This episode covers Chapter 41 of Rosen’s Emergency Medicine.
1) list 7 causes of altered LOC in the trauma patient
2) List four herniation syndromes.
Describe the pathophysiology of uncal herniation and the typical presentation.
Describe the presentation of central herniation.
3) Describe how cerebral blood flow in relationship to the following parameters: PO2 , PCO2 , MAP and ICP. What are the indications for ICP monitoring?
4) What is the Canadian CT head rule? What are the inclusion criteria. What is the New Orleans CT head rule? What are the inclusion criteria? Which test is more sensitive? More specific?
5) What is a concussion? How is a concussion managed? What are potential complications? Define second impact syndrome & return to play
6) Outline the ED management goals of TBI.
7) 7 clinical features of basal skull #