Sep 26, 2016
This episode covers Chapter 42 of Rosen’s Emergency Medicine, Facial Trauma.
1) Describe the anatomy of the bones, glands, and ducts of the face. At what ages do the sinuses appear?
2) List 5 types of facial fractures.
3) Describe the clinical presentation and associated radiographic findings of an orbital blowout fracture.
4) Describe an orbital tripod fracture and its management.
5) List the indications for antibiotics in a patient with facial trauma?
6) What is the importance of perioral electrical burns?
7) What are the indications for specialist repair of an eyelid laceration?
8) Describe the classification and management of dental fractures.
9) Describe the method for reducing a jaw dislocation? What is the usual direction of the dislocation?