Oct 10, 2016
This episode of CRACKCast covers Rosen’s Chapter 044, Neck Trauma. Continuing in our trauma series, this episode tackles the challenging issue of neck trauma and injuries, and explores the anatomy and relevant considerations in the diagnosis and management of both blunt and penetrating neck injuries.
1) Describe the landmarks and structures using the Zones of the neck & the Triangles of neck
2) List 6 hard and 6 soft signs of penetrating neck trauma. What are the indications for immediate OR vs CTA in managing penetrating neck trauma
3) Describe an approach to managing acute neck trauma in the ER
4) Describe the management of venous air embolism
5) Describe techniques for airway management in penetrating neck trauma
6) Describe the management of suspected pharyngoesophageal trauma. What are signs of esophageal injury?
7) List 3 hard signs of laryngotracheal trauma and describe airway management dilemmas
1) Differentiate between choking, hanging and strangulation
2) Define judicial and non-judicial hanging and describe expected injury patterns