This episode of CRACKCast covers Rosen’s Chapter 59, Wound Management Principles. This episode covers the nitty-gritty details of wound management and what you need to know to get that perfect wound closure!
1) List risk factors for wound infection
2) List the 5 stages of wound healing
3) List toxic doses of local anesthetics
4) 3 types of wound closure?
5) List advantages of and contraindications of tissue adhesives
6) List indications for tetanus immune prophylaxis
7) List 5 specific wound care instructions
8) List 7 situations where antibiotic prophylaxis is indicated in wound management
Evidence guided tips for scar healing?
How to decrease pain of anaesthetic injection?
Where can I find a concise guide to Suture material use?