This episode covers Chapter 61 of Rosen’s Emergency Medicine. Know anything about mammalian bites...? Yeah, neither did we until we read this chapter. Lots of juicy clinical pearls.
- List 5 pathogens responsible for infection from Dog bite
- List 4 risk factors for overwhelming sepsis from dog bite
- What first line antibiotic is a good choice for cat and dog bites?
- What species are known to cause infection with Pasteurella multocida?
- What are the risk factors for infection with animal bites?
- Describe the treatment of Monkey Bites?
- When is anti-viral prophylaxis NOT indicated for a monkey bite
- What is the duration of therapy of antiviral prophylaxis?
- Describe the recommendations for wound closure and antibiotics in bite cases
- What about seal bites?
- What about rabies in BC?
- Waterhouse-Friderichsen syndrome & capnocytophagia-related Gangrene sepsis - what are they?