This episode covers Chapter 73 of Rosen’s Emergency Medicine. The ancient Greeks knew about Asthma... so should you! We give you all the major points for diagnosis and treatment in the ED.
- 10 different causes of a wheeze.
- List 8 risk factors for death from asthma
- List 6 objective findings of severe asthma
- 10 therapies for an acute severe asthma exacerbation
- Discuss a ventilation strategy for the critically-ill asthmatic patient
- Discuss disposition and discharge planning for an acute asthma exacerbation presenting to the ER
- What is delayed sequence intubation? Can it be used for severe Asthma exacerbation?
- What about pregnancy and Asthma is so important?