This episode covers Chapter 75 of Rosen’s Emergency Medicine.
1. List potential causes of pharyngitis. (List 5 viral and 5 bacterial etiology of pharyngitis)
2. What are the indications for steroids in a patient with pharyngitis?
3. List causes of epiglottitis.
4. What are the deep spaces of the neck? List 4 deep space infections of the neck
5. What are the typical bacterial causes of deep space infections? What are the different syndromes called?
6. What are the potential complications of deep space neck/face infections? List 5.
7. When do the sinuses typically develop?
8. What the pathophysiology of sinusitis? What are the typical pathogens?
9. Describe the management of acute rhinosinusitis and list 6 predisposing factors
List 5 suppurative and 5 non-suppurative complications of GABHS
List 4 findings on lateral neck xray of epiglottitis
Describe an approach to airway management in deep space neck infections
What are lateral neck xray findings suspicious for RPA?