May 11, 2017
This episode covers Chapter 77 of Rosen’s Emergency Medicine.
The Pleural Space is not to be trifled with!
5 RFs for 1° spontaneous PTX.
is the most common pathophysiologic cause of PTX?
8 causes of 2° spontaneous PTX
5 clinical findings suggestive of tension PTX
- Describe how to estimate the size of a
- Describe the management of 1° and 2°
- Describe the procedure needle aspiration of a
PTX. List 3 benefits of this over TT
- Describe the procedure of
TT. List 6
complications of TT placement and contraindications.
10 causes of pleural effusion. What is the most common
transudative and exudative?
is starling’s law and how does it apply to the development of
5 CXR findings of pleural effusion
- Describe Light’s Criteria for pleural effusion
and list 5 other tests to perform on pleural fluid.
What does a low pH
- Describe the procedure of thoracentesis.
List 2 contraindications and 9 complications
is Catamenial pneumothorax? How is it tx?
do you properly Secure a chest tube?
- Describe the seldinger technique for chest tube
are the false positives for PTX on lung U/S?