May 23, 2017
This episode covers Chapter 79 of Rosen’s
All those funny squigly marks on the ECG confusing you? Us too.
Here is some knowledge to help you out.
is the blood supply of the following parts of the conduction
system: SA node, AV node
are the three pathophysiologic mechanisms for
causes & how does AV nodal reentry tachycardia
the classes of antidysrhythmics. Describe their mechanism of action
and usual uses, as well as an example of each.
does digoxin work as an antidysrhythmic? When is it
underlying etiologies of sick sinus syndrome.
are three ECG presentations of sick sinus syndrome?
- Define 1° heart block. List three
- Differentiate between the two types of 2°
heart block with respect to etiology, ECG appearance and
is ‘high grade’ heart block? How is it managed?
- Describe the difference between AV dissociation
& 3° AV block.
- Compare PAC’s to PVC’s.
a differential diagnosis of irregularly irregular
- Define pre-excitation and list the 3 ECG
features of classic WPW
- Explain the concept of antidromic and
orthodromic conduction with respect to WPW. Which pts with WPW
should not receive AV node blockers? Why?
10 causes of PVC and VT
do you differentiate b/n SVT with aberrant conduction &
10 causes of atrial fibrillation.
- Describe the management of AFIB, including a
discussion about the CHADS2 score and long term stroke
is Brugada syndrome? What is the management?
8 side effects of Amiodarone.
- Describe features that favor VT over
- Describe the Brugada approach to the Dx of
Causes of acquired pause-dependent QT prolongation causing Torsades
& List causes of adrenergic dependent TdP
- Describe the treatment of pause dependent
- Define PSVT and describe management
- What’s Ashman’s phenomenon?