Jun 29, 2017
This Episode covers Chapter 88 (or 78 in 9th edition) of Rosen's
PE and DVT. Jeff Kline wrote this chapter, so you knows its a
- List 8 DDx for DVT
- Describe management of superficial thrombophlebitis +
isolated calf thrombosis
- How is the d-dimer test used in the diagnosis of
- List 8 causes of an elevated D-dimer
- What are the Wells criteria for DVT? Describe how to
use this score.
- Describe diagnostic approach of suspected
- How is a proximal lower limb DVT managed?
- What are the common causes of upper limb
- How are upper limb DVTs managed?
- List 10 classic risk factors for PE
- What are the classifications of PE?
- List 4 ECG + 2 CXR findings consistent with
- What are the Wells criteria for PE? Describe how to use
- What is the PERC rule? How is it used?
- Which imaging tests can be used to diagnose PE? List
advantages and disadvantages of each.
- List indications for thrombolysis in PE, what is the
risk of ICH?
- What are the absolute and relative contraindications
- List markers of poor prognosis in patients with
- What is phlegmasia cerulea dolens? How is it
- Which patients should have an IVC
- What about PE/DVT in
- What is the cause of hypoxia in patients with
PE? What causes chest pain? What causes
- What is Paget-Schroetter