Jul 17, 2017
This episode of CRACKCast covers Rosen’s Chapter 92 for the 8th
Edition (Chapter 82 9th Edition), Small Intestine. This chapter
covers the various pathologies, diagnoses and treatments of the
- List types of mechanical bowel obstruction.
- What are potential etiologies of mechanical bowel
- List causes of functional small bowel obstruction.
- List 5 lab tests useful in the dx of SBO. What findings are
expected on AXR? On CT?
- Describe the acute management of SBO.
- What are the potential complications of a small bowel
- List the 4 primary types of mesenteric ischemia. For each
describe 4 associated factors/etiologies.
- Describe the classic presentation of acute mesenteric
- How is mesenteric ischemia diagnosed? List 4 lab abnormalities
expected in acute mesenteric ischemia. List 5 findings on AXR.
- What is the management approach for the different types of
1.What is an adynamic ileus? List at least 5 causes.
2.Which patients with SBO should receive antibiotics?
3.What are the 3 arteries supplying the GI tract? Which most common
culprit in acute 4.mesenteric ischemia?