Mar 29, 2018
This episode of CRACKCast covers Rosen's 9th Edition, Ch. 159.
In the podcast, we will look at the sedative hypnotic toxidrome and
the various agents that bring patients to your ED.
- Describe the components of the GABA receptor complex and their
- Describe the sedative-hypnotic toxidrome, and list 8 drugs in
- How do barbiturates work?
- What are the clinical symptoms of barbiturate overdose?
- How are they managed?
- How do benzodiazepines work?
- List risk factors for benzodiazepine withdrawal and its
- What are the indications for flumazenil? What are the
- How does chloral hydrate toxicity present?
- What is the clinical presentation of GHB toxicity?
- How is GHB withdrawal managed?
- List 2 drugs used for ‘date-rape’ and describe their
- What Benzos WILL NOT be detected on urine drug screen?