Apr 19, 2018
This episode of CRACKCast covers Rosen’s Chapter 170, Pediatric Cardiac Disorders. This podcast covers cyanotic and acyanotic cardiac defects, the presentation and management of congestive heart failure in pediatric populations, and the management of common arrhythmias in children. A second podcast will release next week detailing other issues in pediatric cardiology.
1. What is the most common form of congenital heart disease?
2. List 6 Acyanotic and 8 Cyanotic types of CHD.
3. What are the ductal dependent heart lesions?
4. Describe the emergent management of the hypoxic infant with a suspected ductal dependent cardiac lesion.
5. List types of CHD which are most likely to present outside of the neonatal period.
6. What are the anatomic anomalies seen in Tetralogy of Fallot?
7. Describe the management of CHF in the infant.
8. List 12 conditions associated with a high risk of developing dysrhythmias.
9. Compare SVT and ST.
10. Describe the management of SVT in the infant/child.