May 10, 2018
- What are the indications for orthopedic surgery for clavicle
- List 5 Xray features of supracondylar fracture
- Describe the Gartland Classification for Extension-type
- List specific complications of a supracondylar fracture.
- Describe the sequence of ossification around the elbow.
- What is Baumann’s Angle? (shownotes)
- Monteggia fracture-dislocation
- Toddler’s fracture
- Nursemaid’s elbow.
- Describe the radiographic findings and management of:
- Describe the Ortolani and Barlow maneuvers.
- List 3 physical exam findings consistent with DDH.
- List 10 causes of hip pain in children
- Provide a differential diagnosis of limp in the toddler,
school-aged child and adolescent.
- How would you differentiate between transient synovitis and
septic arthritis in a child with hip pain?
- What is the most common location for septic arthritis in a
- What is the prognosis for transient synovitis?
- What is the most common cause of septic arthritis?
- Age < 2 months
- 2 months – 5 yrs
- 5 yrs – 12 yrs
- > 12 yrs
- Prosthetic joint
- Sickle cell disease
- What are the important pathogens of septic arthritis in the
- Describe three mechanisms for the development of septic
arthritis in children.
- Regarding synovial fluid analysis, which tests should be
ordered. How are the results interpreted?
- Describe the management of a child with septic arthritis? What
the indications for operative debridement?
- What are the potential complications of septic arthritis?
- Describe the pathophysiology of Legg-Perthes disease; how does
slipped capital femoral epiphysis (SCFE) occur?
- Describe the common clinical presentation of SCFE + LCPD
- Describe 2 radiographic findings consistent with SCFE +
- How is SCFE classified? How is this classification used to
determine management? (shownotes)
- What is the risk of bilateral SCFE? (shownotes)
- What are the potential complications of SCFE? (shownotes)
- What is a juvenile Tilleaux fracture? How does it occur?
- What is a triplanar fracture?
- List seven red flags for pediatric back pain.
- What is spondylolysis? What is spondylolisthesis? How is it
- List 4 common apophyseal injuries in children.
- List 6 specific xray findings / fractures consistent with
non-accidental injury (shownotes)
- What is a corner / bucket handle fracture?
- What are the investigations in a complete skeletal survey
- List 4 conditions with similar presentation to child abuse
- List causes of pathologic fractures in children.
- What is the utility of blood culture, ESR and CRP in a child
with suspected septic arthritis of the hip?
- What the mechanism of a lateral elbow condyle fracture and how
are they managed? (shownotes)
- What is the mechanism of a medial elbow condyle fracture and
how are they managed? (shownotes)
What is the most common pediatric fracture?