May 6, 2019
1. What structures are affected by UMJ, LMJ, and NMJ lesions, and what are causes of weakness associated with each?
2. What are common signs of UMN, LMN, and NMJ dysfunction?
3. What are (7) pathophysiologic causes of non-neurologic weakness (Box 10.1)?
4. What is the DDx of neuromuscular weakness? (Table 10.1)
5. Describe an approach to general weakness in the ED.
1. Differentiate between “plegia” and “paresis”.
2. List (5) DDx‘s for non-neurologic weakness (based on pathophysiologic processes).
3. List (5) non-emergent causes of peripheral neuropathy (Box 10.2)
4. Explain how you recognize an ED patient that may be approaching the end of life.