Apr 30, 2018
1) What are three pathophysiologic types of diarrhea? Give an example of a cause for each.
2) List 6 common causes of childhood infectious diarrhea in developed countries.
3) List 5 important differential diagnoses of diarrhea in children.
4) List 5 important differential diagnoses of vomiting in children.
5) When should you initiate a medical evaluation of children with acute diarrhea?
6) Describe the typical presentation of:
7) List routine and high risk treatment recommendations for common bacteria causing acute infectious diarrhea in children:
8) List the presenting features and treatments for three common protozoa causing infectious diarrhea in children.
9) Define and describe your diagnosis and management approach to dehydration that is:
1) Name 5 causes of bloody diarrhea.
2) Other than vomiting and diarrhea from infectious gastroenteritis, list 6 causes of volume depletion.
3) Name the components of the Gorelick scale.
4) What’s the 4-2-1 rule?