This episode covers Chapter 47 of Rosen’s
1. List 6 general indicators of genitourinary trauma?
Lower urinary tract and external genitalia
- What are the four parts of the male urethra?
- What is the mechanism of an anterior urethral injury (at least
5 causes)? What is the mechanism of a posterior urethral
- List 4 indications for retrograde urethrogram before foley
- Describe the technique for a retrograde urethrogram?
- Classify bladder injuries and describe the mechanism of
- Differentiate between extraperitoneal and Intraperitoneal
- Describe the indications and technique for retrograde
- Outline the management of the different types of bladder
- List 3 clinical findings of a penile fracture
- Describe the management of penile
Upper urinary tract
- What is the presentation of a ureteric injury?
- What are the indications for renal imaging in an adult trauma
patient? In a pediatric trauma ?
- Describe the management of renal injuries:
What is the most common site of urethral injuries?