Jan 30, 2017
This episode of CRACKCast covers Rosen’s Chapter 60, Foreign Bodies. This episode covers an approach to foreign bodies, including location specific tips, complications and safe removal in the ED.
Jan 27, 2017
In the third episode of the Physicians as Humans project, I corresponded with a Canadian emergency physician who sent me her personal account of depression. The result is this beautiful, thoughtful story that she has graciously allowed me to read for the podcast.
This is an ongoing project, so if you or anyone you know...
Jan 23, 2017
This episode of CRACKCast covers Rosen’s Chapter 59, Wound Management Principles. This episode covers the nitty-gritty details of wound management and what you need to know to get that perfect wound closure!
1) List risk factors for wound
2) List the 5 stages of wound healing
3) List toxic doses...
Jan 16, 2017
This episode covers Chapter 58 of Rosen’s Emergency Medicine: Orthopaedic Ankle and Foot injuries. Its a gooder for sure.
Jan 9, 2017
This episode covers Chapter 57 of Rosen’s Emergency Medicine.
1) List contents of popliteal fossa
2) Describe Ottawa knee Rule
3) Describe Schatzker classification for tibial plateaus fractures
4) Describe the Insall-Salvati ratio
5) Describe the management of a knee dislocation
6) Describe the management and...