This episode covers Chapter 62 of Rosen’s
Emergency Medicine. Does leaving the comfort of your warm, safe bed
scare you? After this chapter, it might...
- List the 4 families of venomous snakes.
- Describe phenotypic characteristics of Pit-Vipers
- Describe phenotypic characteristics of coral snakes?
- List the grades of pit viper envenomation and indicate
- Describe a black-widow spider and expected management
- Describe a brown recluse spider and expected management
- List 3 classes of venomous marine injuries, and describe key
principles of management for each?
- What does expert opinion suggest to avoid anaphylaxis in
non-recombinant antivenin administration?
- What is the most toxic, per weight, venom?
- What are the general phenotypic features of poisonous snakes in