This episode covers Chapter 35 of Rosen's Emergency Medicine.
1) List 10 historical red flags for back pain
2) List 6 Emergent Diagnosis for back pain
1) Describe the most common sites of disc protrusion with their associated neurologic findings
2) Outline your approach to acute undifferentiated back pain
3) Describe your treatment approach for acute musculoskeletal low back pain
This episode covers Chapter 34 of Rosen's Emergency Medicine.
1) Indicate 12 causes of vaginal bleeding, indicating at which age group each is most common
2) List 6 causes of bleeding in early pregnancy
3) Describe the management of severe third trimester bleeding and postpartum hemorrhage
1) List options for managing vaginal bleeding in the non-pregnant patient
2) When would you avoid estrogen products in non-pregnant women with vaginal bleeding?
This episode covers Chapter 33 of Rosen's Emergency Medicine.
1) List 8 diagnoses of pelvic pain in women that are of reproductive tract origin
2) List 3 causes of pelvic pain in the pregnant patient who is: Fewer than 20 weeks pregnant or Greater than 20 weeks pregnant
1) List 6 life threatening causes of acute pelvic pain in women
2) Outline a systematic approach to acute pelvic pain in women
3) List 6 risk factors for ectopic pregnancy
This episode covers Chapter 32 of Rosen's Emergency Medicine.
Chapter 32 – Constipation
1) List 6 treatment options for the management of constipation
1) What are 6 broad categories for the causes of constipation?
This episode covers Chapter 30 of Rosen's Emergency Medicine.
1) List 5 causes of UGIB in adults and pediatrics
2) List 5 causes of LGIB in adults and pediatrics
3) Describe your management approach for severe UGIB
4) List 6 low-risk criteria D/C of GIB
5) List components of the Rockall and Glasgow-Blatchford score
1) Describe the insertion of a Blakemore tube
2) List 6 causes of false positive stool guaic
This episode covers Chapter 31 of Rosen's Emergency Medicine.
1) Define Acute, Persistent, Chronic Diarrhea
2) Describe the 4 mechanisms of diarrhea
3) List 15 historical factors that increase the risk of probability of non-benign diarrhea
4) What are the indications for empiric antibiotic treatment?
5) List 6 organisms that cause bloody diarrhea
1) When is Loperamide indicated?
2) When should you use stool cultures / O&P
3) Best way to give children pedialyte?