This episode covers Chapter 55 of Rosen’s Emergency Medicine.
1) Describe common pelvic fractures and their classification
2) List 3 categories of complications of pelvic fractures
3) Describe the approach and management of hemodynamically unstable pelvic fracture.
4) List 5 radiographic cues to posterior arch fractures
5) What is the management of penetrating pelvic trauma
1) How are open pelvic fractures diagnosed and managed?
2) What is the classification of acetabular fractures?
3) How are coccygeal fractures managed?
This episode covers Chapter 54 of Rosen’s Emergency Medicine.
1) Describe the myotomes and dermatomes L3-S1
2) List 4 Red Flag Diagnoses with associated RFs, Hx, PEX findings
3) Describe SLR, crossed-SLR, flip-test, reverse SLR and their implications
4) List 5 indications for Xray in low back pain
5) Discuss the discrimination of functional from organic back pain
6) Describe the management of:
b. Cauda Equina Syndrome
c. Spinal Infection
d. Vertebral Malignancy
e. Simple Radiculopathy
7) List 8 DDx for Thoracic back pain
Backpain treatment cocktails?
When to order the CT scan?
How to estimate the amount of post-void residual volume with ultrasound?
This episode covers Chapter 52 of Rosen's Emergency Medicine.