Sep 26, 2016
This episode covers Chapter 42 of Rosen’s Emergency Medicine, Facial Trauma.
1) Describe the anatomy of the bones, glands, and ducts of the face. At what ages do the sinuses appear?
2) List 5 types of facial fractures.
3) Describe the clinical presentation and associated radiographic findings of an orbital blowout...
Sep 21, 2016
In the second episode of the Physicians as Humans project, I speak with Dr. Rob Rogers (@EM_Educator), a leading educator in emergency medicine and director of The Teaching Course. He shares his experiences of dealing with a devastating illness in his own family and the effect it had on his career as an...
Sep 19, 2016
This episode covers Chapter 41 of Rosen’s Emergency Medicine.
1) list 7 causes of altered LOC in the trauma patient
2) List four herniation syndromes.
Describe the pathophysiology of uncal herniation and the typical presentation.
Describe the presentation of central herniation.
3) Describe how cerebral blood flow in...
Sep 12, 2016
This episode of CRACKCast covers Rosen’s Chapter 040, Injury Prevention and Control.
1) What are the three key aspects to Injury Control?
2) What makes up the Injury Triangle?
3) List 6 of 10 potential strategies for preventing transfer of energy
1) What can you actually do, as a health practitioner, to...
Sep 5, 2016
This episode covers Chapter 39 of Rosen’s Emergency Medicine textbook.
1) 5 Risk Factors for falls in the elderly?
2) What anatomic and physiologic changes in the elderly patient are important for the management of trauma in the elderly patient. (changes in the CVS, CNS, reap, MSK, skin) Explain why...