This episode of CRACKCast covers Rosen’s Chapter 60, Foreign Bodies. This episode covers an approach to foreign bodies, including location specific tips, complications and safe removal in the ED.
In the third episode of the Physicians as Humans project, I corresponded with a Canadian emergency physician who sent me her personal account of depression. The result is this beautiful, thoughtful story that she has graciously allowed me to read for the podcast.
This is an ongoing project, so if you or anyone you know have a story about managing personal struggles while in medicine, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Music for Episode 02 (All songs have been modified for the project)
This episode of CRACKCast covers Rosen’s Chapter 59, Wound Management Principles. This episode covers the nitty-gritty details of wound management and what you need to know to get that perfect wound closure!
1) List risk factors for wound infection
2) List the 5 stages of wound healing
3) List toxic doses of local anesthetics
4) 3 types of wound closure?
5) List advantages of and contraindications of tissue adhesives
6) List indications for tetanus immune prophylaxis
7) List 5 specific wound care instructions
8) List 7 situations where antibiotic prophylaxis is indicated in wound management
Evidence guided tips for scar healing?
How to decrease pain of anaesthetic injection?
Where can I find a concise guide to Suture material use?
This episode covers Chapter 58 of Rosen’s Emergency Medicine: Orthopaedic Ankle and Foot injuries. Its a gooder for sure.
This episode covers Chapter 57 of Rosen’s Emergency Medicine.
1) List contents of popliteal fossa
2) Describe Ottawa knee Rule
3) Describe Schatzker classification for tibial plateaus fractures
4) Describe the Insall-Salvati ratio
5) Describe the management of a knee dislocation
6) Describe the management and classification of patellar fracture and dislocation
7) List 6 overuse syndromes
8) Describe the sensory and motor function of nerves of the lower extremity
9) Describe the 4 compartments of the lower leg and their contents
10) Describe the management of Tibial tubercle fractures and Osgood-Schlatter Disease
11) List 4 complications of tibial shaft fractures
12) Describe the management of proximal fibula fractures
This episode covers Chapter 56 of Rosen’s Emergency Medicine.
1) List 3 compartments of leg and contents
2) List 8 causes of AVN (traumatic and atraumatic)
3) List 5 most common primary cancers metastatic to bone
4) List 15 causes of hip pain without an obvious hip fracture
5) List 3 techniques for reduction of the hip
6) Describe 4 types of hip dislocation.