This episode covers Chapter 74 of Rosen’s Emergency Medicine. As Vanilla is to chocolate, COPD is to Asthma. Look for all things wheez-e-y here.
- Define acute exacerbation
- Describe GOLD classification for COPD
- List factors of decompensation or triggers of an AECOPD
- Name 4 mimics for AECOPD
- What are the clinical features used to diagnose AECOPD?
- Describe the ED management of AECOPD.
- What does the end tidal tracing look like in COPD?
- List indications and contraindications to NIPPV in COPD
- Which patients with AECOPD should be treated with antibiotics?
- Which patients with AECOPD require admission?
- List indications for intubation for AECOPD
- List 4 CXR and 3 ECG findings in COPD