Dec 19, 2016
This episode covers Chapter 54 of Rosen’s Emergency Medicine.
1) Describe the myotomes and dermatomes L3-S1
2) List 4 Red Flag Diagnoses with associated RFs, Hx, PEX findings
3) Describe SLR, crossed-SLR, flip-test, reverse SLR and their implications
4) List 5 indications for Xray in low back pain
5) Discuss the discrimination of functional from organic back pain
6) Describe the management of:
b. Cauda Equina Syndrome
c. Spinal Infection
d. Vertebral Malignancy
e. Simple Radiculopathy
7) List 8 DDx for Thoracic back pain
Backpain treatment cocktails?
When to order the CT scan?
How to estimate the amount of post-void residual volume with ultrasound?