This episode covers chapter 80 of Rosen's Emergency Medicine. All those juicy pearls about those funny little [black] boxes in your patients chest.
Chapter 80 – Implantable Cardiac Devices
- List 5 Indications for permanent pacing
- What are common Pacemaker types?
- Pacemaker nomenclature - what do the 5 letters mean
- List the causes of pacemaker malfunction (main categories with 2 examples each)
- List the complications of a pacemaker insertion
- What is pacemaker pseudo-malfunction?
- What is pacemaker syndrome, which type of pacer is most commonly involved, and what is the tx?
- What does magnet application do to a pacemaker? to an ICD?
- Indications for ICD
- Causes of shock delivery in patient with ICD
- Causes of syncope/presyncope in patient with ICD
- Fxns of an ICD
- What do you see on ECG when pacer battery dies (2)?
- What is twiddler’s syndrome?
- Describe your Approach to LVAD complications
- Approach to Pacemakers