This episode covers Chapter 3 of Rosen's Emergency Medicine.
- Describe the steps in the afferent pain pathway?
- Differentiate between acute and chronic pain?
- List options for pain management at various steps in pain
- Describe the different methods of assessing pain for all
- List 4 side effects of NSAIDS, what factors increase risk of GI
- What is the mechanism of action of local anesthetics? What are
the two classes?
- What is the toxic dose of lidocaine and bupivacaine? What
are expected toxicities? How are they treated?
- List 6 techniques for reducing pain of injection of local
- List one topical anesthetic for intact skin, mucous membranes,
and open skin
- What is the dose of sucrose in a neonate for anesthesia?